Pathways 2 Professions & Trades (P2PT)
Pathways 2 Professions and Trades (P2PT)
Matching skills, interests and experience with Canadian workplaces,education and training.
Are You Eligble?
- Between the ages of 15 – 30 years old
- Arrived in Canada within the last 5 years
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Not receiving Employment Insurance (EI) Benefits
- English language skills at approximately Level
P2PT is a full time 20 week program funded by Service Canada.
- Camosun College delivers 8 weeks of the “Building Employment Success for Tomorrow (BEST)” training to program participants
- VIRCS Youth Employment Staff coordinate 12 weeks of paid work experience in the relevant labour market sector
- Group and individual language development support build strong communication skills
How is the P2PT Delivered?
- A structured but community based setting at VIRCS
- Using Newcomer Youth Best Practices in Employment
- Consideration and/or family inclusion
- Recognition of the unique circumstances and experiences of newcomer youth
- Training and inclusion strategies for employers and co-workers
- Staff with expertise in labour market analysis, post-secondary and youth newcomer settlement.
What Does P2PT offer?
- Focussed expertise in careers, trades, industry and sector trends
- Promoting skill and education as being key to labour market participation
- Individual career guidance to support decisions, gain essential skills, and understand Canadian workplace culture
- A paid living wage during the program duration
- A free ESL Assessment.
1004 North Park Street, Victoria BC, Canada V8T 1C6 * Phone: 250-361-9433 Fax: 361-1914 * firstname.lastname@example.org